- enhance the University's standing through international exchange and collaboration
- facilitate the development of an international outlook and practice in the University's student body
- facilitate the recruitment of international full fee-paying students
The International Centre embodies the important elements of the University's mission by maintaining and strengthening the University's international focus.
- Enhance the international standing of the University as a research institution through the development of institutional agreements for staff exchange and collaborative research.
- Further enhance the international standing of the University as a research institution by facilitating the involvement of UWA staff in international research projects.
- Facilitate visits by distinguished researchers to the University so as to promote cross-fertilisation of ideas and international awareness of the University's teaching and research programmes.
- Develop a network of student exchange agreements with overseas universities so as to enrich the educational experience of undergraduate and postgraduate students and to promote inter-cultural understanding and acceptance.
- Recruit international students to study at UWA and to provide an appropriate level of support services to those students.
- Provide advice and information to the Vice-Chancellor, the faculties and wider campus, on aspects of international education.
- Facilitate the development of branches of the UWA Graduates Association overseas and recognition of prominent international alumni.